Initiated by the University of Bremen Excellence Chair Prof. Dr. Shalini Randeria, this interdisciplinary Research Group examines the global phenomenon of Soft Authoritarianism. It aims at developing a deeper understanding of the seemingly contradictory but characteristic coevalness and intersection of democratic and undemocratic political, administrative, legal, social and discursive practices and processes.
Members of the Research Group
The Research Group is led by Shalini Randeria. She is Rector and President of the Central European University (CEU), Senior Research Fellow at the Graduate Institute Geneva, and former Rector of the Institute of Human Sciences (IWM) in Vienna. She has published widely on the anthropology of globalisation, law, the state and social movements. Her empirical research on India also addresses issues of post-coloniality and multiple modernities.
- Dr. Jens Adam, Post-Doc Researcher
- Dr. Ulrike Flader, Post-Doc Researcher
- Hagen Steinhauer, Doctoral Researcher
- Natasha Deasy, Student Assistant
- Prof. Dr. Ranabir Samaddar, Permanent Fellow
- Prof. em. Dr. Ruth Wodak, Permanent Fellow
- Dr. Nurhak Polat, Associated Fellow